Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Class work blog - childhood memory

When I was five years old I caused my brother to get stitches. Me and my friend Devin were outside with my brother. It was winter and the snow was the crusty kind with a nice icy top layer. Devin and I wanted to go sledding down this hill in my front yard but we were scared that the snow was too icy and that we were going to sled right into the road. So we talked about it and came to the consensus that we needed to test the situation. So we talked my little brother into sledding down the hill first. Devin told him that if he was going too fast, he'd catch my brother. So we plop my brother into a flimsy, blown-up tube and push him down the hill. He flies down, straight through Devin's legs and right into the ditch before the road, smashing his head into the culvert pipe. I was horrified and shocked so I go screaming up the hill and into the house yelling, "Mom! Mom! Ethan's head is bleeding!" So my mom rushed my brother to the hospital and he had to have his first stitches put into his head.

No comments: